Easy Kids’ Craft Idea – Gold Medal
Here’s my little C wearing his Olympic gold medal. He made it at his playgroup yesterday morning. He wore it all day yesterday and put it on this morning. He enjoyed celebrating his gold medal along with the athletes he saw on TV. To make this medal, C followed these steps:
1) With assistance, he took a white piece of paper and traced a circle onto it – about the size of the rim of child’s drinking cup. This one was photocopied with a drawing of a medal; no need for that at home.
2) He cut out the circle (with help).
3) He coloured it in yellow and orange marker (washable of course).
4) Next, little pieces of gold and silver foil paper were glued to it with white glue.
5) C helped punch a whole at the top and a white gift wrap ribbon was strung through it.
6) C celebrated his Olympic accomplishment.
Here it is up close