My mom and dad had the boys for 3 days and 2 nights this past weekend while we escaped for some R & R in Montreal. A great time was had by all parties involved, though my parents were not slow to close the door as we left their place.
Here are some tidbits from their weekend:
- “Mommy, at the sugar bush with grandpa and nana, I tried sausage with maple syrup on it; it was delicious” (you’ll recall my post about my parents and their love of all things sausage).
- Grandparent playdates are the in thing. For the second year in a row, we have taken some time away at the same time as my parents’ friends kids; the grandparents and the grandchildren (they have 2 little girls who my boys quite like) had two playdates with them within three days.
- Grandparents need to take time for themselves too. My parents got a sitter (my cousin) for a couple of hours on Sat afternoon so they could go for a bike ride. Physical activity and time away to breathe and have adult conversation.
- Little D is making my parents remove my brother’s childhood name plate from the door of the room he sleeps in there; he does not want to share. Now, both boys have their own rooms at their grandparents’ house. Lucky them.
- A full-grown human dressed as the Easter Bunny is very scary to Little C and no, he “will not like it next time”. He was subjected to it twice over the weekend – once at the Experimental Farm and once at Fulton’s Sugar Bush
Somehow, little D is now back to eating and trying more things; last night at dinner, he chomped on a slice of tomato… haven’t see that in months. He also requested chicken noodle soup. Sometimes a change of scenery is good.
Little C however, is still veggie-less.