My first meme/award – Honest Scrap – thanks Turtlehead, for passing this on to me and a bunch of other relatively new bloggers (and again thanks for the great header you see above).
According to “the rules”, I am supposed to list ten honest things about me. So, for your reading enjoyment(?), I present to you the Honest-to-Goodness Me:
1) I have not read The Rules” or “The Secret”, and avoid the Self-Help section at the bookstore like the plague (though I could see that at some point in the not-so-distant future I may need parenting help books).
2) I eat 5 or 6 times a day, but I skip some healthy meals and swap them with treats quite often. That way, I figure I get to stay within a reasonable daily caloric intake and eat my sweets.
3) I am delighted that Little D prefers to watch hockey rather than play it. He says he would rather stick with skiing, soccer, baseball and basketball. No early mornings in cold arenas for me, suckas!
4) Our nanny makes dinner for us four nights a week. She cooks while little C naps in the afternoon. I am grateful.
5) I think about not gaining weight at least 5 times a day (I hope my parents don’t read this or I’ll never hear the end of it).
6) This year I have had to increase the frequency of colour appointments with my hair stylist.
7) I miss my best friend who lives in Toronto. I wish she lived here – I’ll know if she’s actually reading this blog now…
8) Shopping makes me happy. Shallow? Perhaps, but I’m too old to change.
9) My husband and I plan on continuing to take annual trips without the kids for the rest of our lives.
10) And lastly, as a tribute to Turtlehead, who sent me this assignment, I HATE CAMPING.
And now, I pass this honour/assignment on to Tracey at Mis(s)Mannered Mom, who was part of my inspiration to get started (and who I know occasionally reads this blog).