Desserts from the ‘Hood
I am planning a party, a dessert party to be exact.
You may have read about my love all things sweet here, and that is the reason I have chosen desserts as the party theme. As luck would have it, Derek and I both share this fondness for sweet treats.
We have decided that for this party, in addition to drinks, we will feature our favourite desserts from all the delicious fooderies, bakeries, and/or restaurants in our neighborhood and those adjacent.
For those of you who live in Ottawa or visit often, here is what we have selected for the preliminary menu so far. Can you please help us fill in the blanks???
- Lemon squares, chocolate macaroons and fresh lemon cream tart from Thyme & Again
- Mini vanilla cupcakes from 3 Bakers & a Bike
- Chocolate cake from 3 Tarts (would love to have the white chocolate cranberry pistachio tart but we can’t have nuts!)
- Strawberry and mint skewers made with produce purchased at the Parkdale Market
- Chocolate dipped strawberries made from Cocoa Camino chocolate from Herb & Spice
- Other fruit purchased at the Parkdale Market
- Cheeses from Il Negozio Nicastro
- Art-is-in bread from the Piggy Market
- Gelato from Truffle Treasures – how do I do this??? Bowls of ice to keep it cool???
- Francesco’s coffee purchased from a Westboro Village Cooperative Preschool fundraiser
- Sparkling wine, wine, and a cocktail idea or two from the LCBO (check out this recipe for a Lime Collins)
- Beer from the Beer Store (disgusting combination with sweets, but Derek will insist so I won’t even try to skip this)
More ideas? What are your favorite desserts from the Westboro, West Wellington and Hintonburg ‘hoods?