I forgot to mention…
Life has been busy these last couple of weeks:
1. I guest blogged yesterday at Kids in the Capital. Head over there to read my review of John’s, our favorite neighborhood morning spot.
2. I’m in Toronto this week for my last big work hurrah. While away, I’ve so far made time for a great workout, dinner with my best friend, and of course shopping.
3. Lil C is consistently peeing in the toilet. We are still finding poop in his Hot Wheels undies. Lovely.
4. We had a great weekend at Westfest. Face painting and bouncy castles make any event perfect for kids. What a wonderful free street festival right in our ‘hood.
5. Lil C has a severe phobia of mascots. Even the DQ cone guy made him squirm and scream. We tried to make him face his fears (Derek’s idea) and I thought he was going to do that breath-holding thing and pass out again. He was beyond upset.
6. In 8 days, I will no longer be a nine-to-fiver. I hold some mild anxiety about this change, but mostly anticipation and excitement. Shopping this week is for “cute and casual with an edge”, rather than “stylish and classic with a funky twist”. I may report back on my shopping later in the week, should it be successful.