Loud Music, Soft Music and Fun in the Sun
This will be one of those posts that covers a whole lot of nothing that is filling my small brain:
1. Last week was Fun. Please note the capital ‘F’. My first week off work and a week with no day camps or school meant beach, pool, Calypso Water Park, Canada Day Family Festival, park opening parties, etc. My skin is burnt since I seem to be much more vigilant on the children’s sun screen then my own, but I am invigorated.
I already notice a slight difference in the way the boys are relating to me now that I don’t leave each morning. Lil C is less needy of me and Lil D seems to be more cuddly with me.
2. We plan on taking the boys to Bluesfest this weekend. Last year’s trip was a rousing success. Lil D brought along some of his little percussion intruments and jammed along with Monkeyjunk during the Power Hour.
We talked about our plan for this coming weekend; Lil D asked to go to a quieter stage, while Lil C yelled “I want the loud music” – one of those crystal clear examples of the differences in my children.
3. This week both boys are at camp in the mornings. Lil D is a soccer camp and Lil C is at Athletic Camp. Day 1 was a huge success and Lil D cried because he wanted to go back for more in the afternoon. I think today I’ll pick them up with a lunch on the run and we’ll head right to the wading pool to cool off.
Since both boys have soccer tonight too, I would love it if Lil C would nap (he’s not yet 3!!), but that will likely not happen. Lil C napped almost daily with N, our nanny. But now that’s me “in da house”, there is no nappin’ goin on. Should make for an interesting afternoon/evening.
4. We are “Laties” (pronounced Lay-tees). My friend named us that on Sunday when we were 20 minutes late to meet them and they had the kids all packed up in the car waiting for us to leave for the water park. We need to fix this. It’s just not fair to others and it’s stressful and embarrassing. Perhaps this will be my self-improvement project for the summer.
5. I ate a king-size (the big heavy huge one) Dairy Milk last night and ran about 9 km this morning in a steam bath as penance. I’m not sure it’s all burnt off, but I learned my lesson.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.