Thoughts One Year Later
A year ago Fit For a Kid was born. I had no idea about the why, what, how, or when of blogging (I got the where part: right here). I still don’t. But I keep at it, without a purpose, just for fun.
I found it interesting to look back at my first few posts, and compare where I am now to where I was then.
- Lil D’s eating habits: Lil D’s diet no longer concerns me. He eats only when he is truly hungry, prefers vegetables and fruit to sweets, and will usually try almost anything (or at least touch it to his lips). Nowadays it’s Lil C who takes up this particular space in my head.
- Toilet-training: Done!
- “Pure Parenting”: No comment. Still flabbergasted.
- Immunization: While I no longer do paid work as an immunization educator, I do continue to advocate for immunization locally and globally. Did you see this: if you were at one of four major U.S. airports in the last day or two, you may have been exposed to measles. I was not immune to measles until recently; actually, I don’t know if I’m immune, I just know I was vaccinated. That would have been fun.
- An Olympics-themed craft: The boys still talk about the Olympics. My bro and sis-in-law live in London. We’re considering cramming into their place for the 2012 Games. Anyone ever been to the Olympics? Was it worthwhile?
- Breakfast cookies: Just finished eating a Bridgehead granola cookie for breakfast, but I haven’t made this recipe in awhile. I think it’s time.
- Skiing: Last year, there was only one set of little ski equipment in the house. Now we have two. Yesterday, I watched with glee as Lil D led Lil C down the hill in a series of lovely turns.
If nothing else, I love that this blog has become an online journal and a way to keep in touch with family and friends, old and new, and making new friends, online and offline. I look forward to looking back in another year.
Oh, one last thing: Today also marks the end of my second month participating in the Post a Day 2011 challenge! I have posted every work day for two months now.