Half-Marathon Race Day Preparations
- Charge iPod and Garmin √
- Run 3 km to make sure I can run with my sore tummy √
- Eat carbs in progress 🙂
- Finalize and lay out outfit: black skirt and 2 year old fuchsia workout top in which I feel comfy. √
- Make sports drink and pre-race breakfast. √
- Attach chip to shoe.
- Figure out bag/jacket situation.
- Manage expectations due to illness (this is a very hard one).9)
- Gather number bib, pace band, and all other accessories in one place for the a.m.
- Set my alarm for too early (6:30 am).
The plan is to run with my friend Jenn. We have agreed to run together but not to talk much. And since I haven’t been feeling great, she may have to go ahead… which would be sad.
I’ll be back tomorrow or Monday with the full race day recap (good or bad).
In case you’re interested in what I’ll be listening to:
Ottawa Half-Marathon Playlist (on shuffle)
|Girls and Boys||Blur|
|Good Girls Go Bad||Cobra Starship|
|Harder Better faster stronger||Daft punk|
|One More Time||Daft punk|
|Club Can’t Handle Me||David Guetta|
|Let’s Groove||Earth Wind And Fire|
|Rockafella Skank||Fatboy Slim|
|White Lines||Grandmaster Flash|
|Ridin’ Solo||Jason Derulo|
|The New Workout Plan||Kanye West|
|Party In The USA||Miley Cirus|
|When I Grow Up||The Pussycat Dolls|
|It’s Like That||Run DMC|
|What I Got||Sublime|
|Fire Burning On The Dance Floor||Sean Kingston|
|Forgot About Dre||Dr.Dre|
|September||Earth Wind and Fire|
|Gold Digger||Kanye West|
|Bizzare Love Triangle||New Order|
|Let The Music Play||Shannon|