Tico Tuesday: A Change
I’m changing one of my semi-regular features. Tuesdays will now be about our journey to Costa Rica, preparing for it here in Canada, and then the trip itself. I’ll still occasionally post about my take on style, but not regularly.
“Tico” is the colloquial term for Costa Ricans, hence the name “Tico Tuesday”.
Last week I wrote about my to-do list related to this trip. This is what it looks like today.
Get out of car lease Rent a car until we leave
- Rent out our house – STRONG LEAD TODAY!!
- Figure out who’s visiting when (did you know there is now a direct charter flight from OAuthorize connection with Facebook
town to Liberia, CR, just a 50 minute drive to our condo?) – FIRST VISITORS ARE BOOKED!
- Talk to Lil D’s teacher/school -APPT SET FOR COMING MONDAY
- Talk to Lil C’s school
- Organize home insurance as rental property
- Organize snow-clearing contract for renter
- Get eavestrough installed before doorway gets icy like it did last winter
- Spanish lessons/babysitting for boys before we leave?
- Pack up house for renters
- Make contact list, instruction list for renters
- Pack for our trip
- Spanish lessons for Derek and I
For Tamarindo (our Costa Rican town):
Figure out if we need a car and if so, get one Finish registering boys for school Health Insurance
- Stock up on Cdn pharmaceuticals including DEET-containing products
- Make Derek get tetanus booster and Hep A
- Get tetanus booster for me
- Flu shots for all
- Order bunk bed for boys’ room in CR
- Buy new linens for CR
- Plan and book trip in March. Our condo was already rented that week so we figured we might as well travel that week… looking like it will include Nicaragua or Panama since we need to leave and reenter the country or spend a day in the immigration office – limit for tourists staying in CR is 3 months)
- Register Derek and I for Spanish school